A farmers toast!

Let the wealthy and great, Roll in splendour and state, I envy them not i declare it, I eat my own lamb, My chickens and ham, I shear my own fleece and i wear it, I have lawns,I have bowers, I have fruits,I have flowers, The lark is my morning alarmer, So joyful boy's now, Here's god speed the plough, Long life and success to the farmer!!

Sunday, May 27, 2007

A time for quiet!



Well here's a bit of purple from bodnant, it seems both our cameras where jinxed that day, but who needs camera's when elizabeth as discribed the day so well , I came away with neck ache the trees are so tall,,,, imagine the people who planted these specimens would have seen them as twigs they planted them for us and i say Thank you ..it is splendid........

I,ve had 2 days alone it as been very strange no TV or radios or bickering just silence and i feel refreshed ...Nell is camping with friends and the other two are busy working and colin. i'm at home with the rain beating down outside it's Bliss............i was going to force myself to go to the bodelwyddan garden show, ,i go every year and enjoy it, i don't think it would be rained off ! well it's flowers and garden furniture so you'd think not and i may get a bargain....

Thanks again for a lovely day elizabeth and you never know you may be at Bodelwyddan.....I can't seem to get on to CCW today i'll try later..xx

2 comments:

  1. I have to say, I do love a little solitude.

    Every day when everyone go to work and school I have no radio/tv. I just open the doors and listen to nature and especially love the rain.

    Sounds like you had a lovely day.

    warm wishes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am back and getting a chance to catch up at last, it has been manic here. I have got seven children stayiong just now, cousins and friends, so I did envy your solitude, although I do love to see everyone. Caravan sounds great, lucky children!

    ReplyDelete