A farmers toast!

Let the wealthy and great, Roll in splendour and state, I envy them not i declare it, I eat my own lamb, My chickens and ham, I shear my own fleece and i wear it, I have lawns,I have bowers, I have fruits,I have flowers, The lark is my morning alarmer, So joyful boy's now, Here's god speed the plough, Long life and success to the farmer!!

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Egg & chicks

Today we continued to dismantle sorrels caravan, what a chore, and what huge spiders which have both of us scutteling for safety until they move on !! the webs under the thing are like net curtains! ! needless to say we've left that part to colin , i just hope they don't move into the house.....it's not rained today i''d like just one more day of it so i can get this caravan burned without risk of burning the mountain as well....
While we were all busy hammering a noise got through to me a bird in distress ! i,ve had it before when the cuckoo or magpies are up to mischief , so i quickly went to investigate and my Fat slapper of a dog had found a nest in a wall which she'd proceeded to dismantle to get at the nest and had killed the new chicks and broken the eggs while the parents watched! "boy did she get it". And the poor bluetit is still out there in a flap..i've just come in to cook tea, and colin said don't bother feeding sash she's had "egg and chick's"..My family have a sick sense of humour.

10 comments:

  1. Animals eh! My swine of a cat is fast asleep on the spare bed, as innocent as ababe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm babysitting the springer baby again today. It's like having a houseful of toddlers. Toady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now look here we have asked you veyr nicley not to kep asking for rain...you had full water butts yesterdaydon't be greesy.. eggs and chicks indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, my cat got into a chaffinch's nest a coupe of days ago, awful isn't it. (My lot have a sick sense of humour too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no! bastards (not sure whether I mean dogs or family here). bird outside today utterly beautiful plumage but no head. probably scraggy cat, not beautiful, noisy, balding.
    ho hum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your family's sick sense of humour is about on a par with my lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always an awful feeling when that happens. I think its even worse when it's your own animal. But please don't wish for anymore rain. Here we've gone from one extreme to another!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jo!
    I did like that photo of the blaze up front, with the glorious greens in the distance...and one hooded figure inbetween. I cannot imagine having all that space around me -- truly beautiful!

    The exhibit was so good. I guess the period when Poiret really began to create fabulous designs was ca. 1915-18. He was one of the first to encourage women to stop wearing corsets, be comfortable. The fabrics that he used were works of art themselves. The beading and embroidery touches very sophisticated. The color mixes so subtle. Thanks so much for your comments.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds as though you had an eventful day - fire etc. It's so hard when our beloved animals revert to 'the jungle' - that's when I say %&$ Circle of Life!!!

    ReplyDelete