A farmers toast!

Let the wealthy and great, Roll in splendour and state, I envy them not i declare it, I eat my own lamb, My chickens and ham, I shear my own fleece and i wear it, I have lawns,I have bowers, I have fruits,I have flowers, The lark is my morning alarmer, So joyful boy's now, Here's god speed the plough, Long life and success to the farmer!!

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Woodfest Wales.


Anybody in North Wales next week it's the WOODFEST and i'm soo looking forward to it. It's a working holiday Where i set up my marquee and sell clothes to wonderfully jolly folk all out for a good day .............. I'll be camping for the 3 nights even though its only 10 miles from home, and enjoying the live music and beer tent while col stays at home.. I'm taking extra children this time I must be mad, but it'll be fun.

Last year i bought myself a bench made out of planks of gnarly elm with the bark still on and this year i want a table to match. I also nearly bought a 9ft chair which was a green man [Amazing] which i'd watched grow out of a log, there are a group of chainsaw artists who over the weekend create some amazing sculptures,which are all auctioned of on the sunday Very tempting if i've had a busy weekend..
WELL WORTH A VISIT!


3 comments:

  1. I remember reading about this festival last year and being seriously envious. Have a wonderful time! If I were closer I'd hop on over to help you in your booth. Good luck finding the table to match the bench!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which days Jo? - I can't do Saturday - but know a man who could.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! I wish I could come. It sounds just my sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete