A farmers toast!

Let the wealthy and great, Roll in splendour and state, I envy them not i declare it, I eat my own lamb, My chickens and ham, I shear my own fleece and i wear it, I have lawns,I have bowers, I have fruits,I have flowers, The lark is my morning alarmer, So joyful boy's now, Here's god speed the plough, Long life and success to the farmer!!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Well here i am 2 dogs better off the house smelling of detol and vosene, and i'm jiggered.. i'm so used to just opening the door and letting them go but having to watch the grey who is a marker every chair every corner as been sprinkled!! and duly disinfected, Both washed in Anti dandruff shampoo and groomed so lots of wet towels and jeans and me in need of a bath....The greyhound is being called Bryn he seems to respond to it so it must sound near enough like his own name! As for Wally ?? for now when we bathed him you can see he is supposed to be a huge dog big bones! but he is just a skeleton and he as very little appetite lively enough though and very gentle, when i had a minutes piece this morning i sat down with a sigh and he sat opposite at eye level quite unnerving looked directly in my eyes and lifted his paw My gawd a lurcher thats trained and he his he sits, lies down and crys to go out, i'm just scared he won't come back if i let him loose.. He's missing somebody bless....

This morning Monty changed his routine and went to visit my neighbours {no pun intended in Neighbours] up hill why does he always go up hill!! my poor legs..Meanwhile there had been a tesco delivery to my house and pearl who speaks no english had signed for it and put it all away!!
The only thing was it wasnt mine ooop's it was the neighbours!
I'll be glad to get the house back to myself i always feel constricted when people stay, and feel i should be out there with them, but theres not enough to do in jan unless the weathers good and we have been blessed with a few good days and made the most of them except sunday glorious day and she stayed in bed because it was sunday! argghh...

The second day she was here [giggleing to myself] At teatime we had done a roast dinner, and i saw here pick up the gravy boat and drink from it! ! what!! No no i said and showed her how to pour the gravy on her potatoes! Well bloody hell it wasnt gravy it was black tea! she'd used the jug as a cup she still ate all her spuds though, i think she thought i was mad....

10 comments:

  1. That is so funny, the gravy boat! Glad the gorgeous dogs have settled in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot imagine sharing my life with two strange dogs. You are lovely to rescue them. I hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope they settle in well Bodran and that the other dogs like them. I think you are completely mad, but a lovely lady to give homes to so many strays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the new dogs are settling in. They sound fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course you're mad isn't that a given??? Who but a wonderfully mad woman would take on such a gorgeously motley pair. I am so glad they are settling in tho'feel heartstruck that one should be missing a beloved. Piper missed my darling Granny Sue when she died but he sorted himself out and so loved being with dad. He'd put his paws on Dad's shoulders when Dad was driving across the moor so he could spot the bunnies better! It was and is still that whippet's bestest treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well.

    All that I would like to say is that reading this after a rather challenging (in a very urban mundane way) day, just made me smile, and think of the goodness that is in the world.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jo - your place if full of dogs already, you can't move for them. Totally barmy. Hope the new ones settle in well.
    Life sounds interesting with your woofer, hope she is settling in too, despite the gravy boat. Thanks for tagging me about household hints (!), just off to read yours now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dogs are gorgeous and the other woofer is definitely a nutter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Falling about here re the gravy boat ...I dont know how you attract 'em....barking absolutely barking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A glimpse of my afternoon to come! Utility sink just plumbed in and first job - dog baths! Think of me and my 3 stinky JRT's.........x

    ReplyDelete