A farmers toast!

Let the wealthy and great, Roll in splendour and state, I envy them not i declare it, I eat my own lamb, My chickens and ham, I shear my own fleece and i wear it, I have lawns,I have bowers, I have fruits,I have flowers, The lark is my morning alarmer, So joyful boy's now, Here's god speed the plough, Long life and success to the farmer!!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

To much to do and not enough time.....yet again

I just needed to put this picture up to remind myself that i do manage to have quality time here, and i'm not always upto my eyes in gardens ,fences,Bracken ,thistles, docks, and the bain of my life Ragwort.. why on earth do we give ourselves this extra work..Somedays i really want a town house with just enough garden to keep me occupied and enough rooms so we arn't cramped, and far enough away that i can't hear jakes exhaust roaring......

Bookings are coming thick and fast for a change for the" basket making "in september and the "colour s of the tree's"natural dyeing and felting course in october so thats a relief......
I also have an order for 40 mobiles to be done by next week I'm quite enjoying doing these cos i've got new ball's [i'll await sbs's comment about them]..
Meanwhile this glass of chilled wine feels lovely against the blisters on my Hand's , but i need to go back out to do a slug hunt and some deadheading, what i need is all you gardeners here helping me to get ready for the open day in 12 days yikes and double bloomin yikes...xxxo

2 comments:

  1. It's a gorgeous picture. Where you live sounds so idyllic - yet I know what you mean, I sometimes have the same cravings for a town house with high-celeinged rooms and a walled garden! The courses sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jo, and so many thanks for your comments on my painting.
    Your mobiles are magical (and I haven't even had the pleasure of hearing them ring!)

    I don't think that I would have met up with any of the folks around here if it were not for first reading Jane's desperate blog. That Jane has got a lot to answer for now!

    Is it not wondrous what trees may grow from small acorns?

    The photo on your latest is so beautiful. It is the sort of image that I could think of when I would like to feel freedom, throw off stress, concrete, nasty subway experiences. I do thank you!

    xo

    ReplyDelete