A farmers toast!

Let the wealthy and great, Roll in splendour and state, I envy them not i declare it, I eat my own lamb, My chickens and ham, I shear my own fleece and i wear it, I have lawns,I have bowers, I have fruits,I have flowers, The lark is my morning alarmer, So joyful boy's now, Here's god speed the plough, Long life and success to the farmer!!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Harrogate.

Well i'm a convert I loved the place and i'm taking colin and the girls back for a visit [tied in hopefully with collecting a 1930s kitchen don't ask just another new fetish!!]. I'm looking for cheap bookings at the same hotel as it was so handy but much as i enjoyed it there will be no breakfasts at Bettys for us though, i think the bill for our table of 4 for rostis and tea was £67 !!
Very nice mind!
It was a delight to meet everyone again and 3 new faces to put to names and avatars.
First Patsy what a Luv a wee scottish lass I can't posssibly imagine her doing things to animals with thermometres though i'm sure they wouldn't mind one bit! she was a bit of a rascal though and tempted us all with chocolates and openly encouraged fred to let somethings "rhyming with vests to get untucked "!! [The mind boggles] and fred ever one to please and surrounded in a smokey haze proceeded to do so in the street!! Kings road to be exact with 3 lanes of traffic! I must hasn't to add she didn't remove her teeth Though her eye fell out later on.

And tiggywinkle what a glamourpuss just like Honor blackman?? and she could chat for ireland what an exciting world she lives in !! jetsetting all over the place! i do envy her,her coo meeting with Francis in New york i bet they had lots talk about.

And then there was faith just as i expected except for the voice, I'm sorry everyone but you all have an accent in my imagination and i've never been correct yet! when faith writes she as a twee little girly sweety pie type of accent ie 1930s upper class.
Imagine my surprise when she sounded like janet street porter [it was a nice surprise] .

We ate and drank at two lovely restaurants which i will visit again [thanks kitty].
Elisabethm collected me from denbigh and drove me to harrogate and i had a lift home with sbs and mountaineer so i feel like i had a real proper break thanks girls.
Fab to meet withy again with more time this time she is amazing and as fit as ever and fiesty.
Woozle and angel were missed by us welsh border lot but we had a drink for them in fact we had a drink for everyone, [remember the bottle of wine i carried around for 2 nights] shhhhhhh and talked into the early hours.. Now all i want to do is sleep xx y'all

3 comments:

  1. I am so pleased you're going to be going back - slightly worried about the 1930s kitchen but you'll tell all no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to go back - there seemed to be so much I didn't see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bodran,I am so embarrassed about this glamour thing, not to mention Honour Blackman. You should see me this week attacking the garden, and heading into lots of painting before Christmas. Still I suppose it is good to hear at almost 64. I really enjoyed Harrogate, and it was so exciting to meet 9 fellow Coos for the first time. You'd need a week to catch up. My life is really not as exciting as you imagine. I work 7 days a week in our B&B, look after my sick husband and brother, and alternate each year with a break away in Jan to U.S. or Australia to visit our daughter to recover. Usually take Tigger to the South of France in October. Other that that I'm very tied here. No wonder I chat a lot when I'm out! I love the border on your blog.

    ReplyDelete